About Gordy TigerMarts
Gordy Fuel Company was founded in the early 1900s by E.E. Gordy to provide coal and ice service to their customers in Delmar. In 1938, E.E. Gordy's son, J. William Gordy, diversified the business by adding heating oil. He then decided to eliminate the coal and ice business in 1960 to focus on the growing heating oil business.
As the business transferred to the next generation, Bill Gordy joined the business in the mid-1970s and began running day-to-day operations in 1978. Bill brought a new vision and intense dedication to the business. In 1983, Gordy Fuel Company became a branded Exxon distributor. Bill furthered his vision by creating the convenience store brand that became Gordy Tiger Marts, Home of the Original Beer Cave and Subway.
Today there are 4 TigerMart stores operating with 75 employees. Bill and Karen Gordy, and the TigerMart team, are committed to providing their customers with efficient, courteous service in a safe and clean environment.